Secretary of State Jay Darden announced the opening of the Vivian Alexander Art exhibit to run from May 18 through August 31, 2010 in the Louisiana Archives building in Baton Rouge.
The exhibit includes:
- A retrospective of sculptures and purses produced by Vivian Alexander over the last twenty years.
- Faberge replicas produced in cooperation with the Forbes Museum for inclusion in the Forbes Collection.
- The Imperial Coronation Egg used in the Warner Bros. Ocean’s Twelve movie.
- Animal sculptures using antique metal and ostrich egg armatures.
- An entire section featuring current production of engine turned fine silver purses finished with gemstones, enamels, and Louisiana alligator.
Hours and Location:
The Archives building and exhibitsare open Monday-Friday from 8 AM until 4:30 PM. Exhibits are also open on Saturday from 9 AM until 5 PM and Sunday from 1 PM until 5 PM.
The Archives building is located at 3851 Essen Lane between I-10 and I-12 in Baton Rouge.